Internationally acclaimed artist Kevin Abosch appointed as creative director
- Kevin Abosch is an internationally acclaimed artist based in NYC with works that have sold for over $1m each
- His works have been exhibited globally, including in Russia, Ireland, Colombia, and Switzerland, among others
- Mr Abosch has worked extensively with digital tokens and the blockchain – his work entitled ‘Forever Rose’ (an ERC-20 token based on a photo) sold for US$1m
- Buyers of his work include former Skype COO Michael Jackson, who purchased a piece representing the blockchain address for a token called ‘YLAMBO’ for US$0.4m
- Previously collaborated with world-famous artist Ai Weiwei to create a digital token called ‘PRICELESS’
- Mr Abosch will provide creative advice and direction on NFT sales for the Company’s projects including F1 Delta Time and The Sandbox
- Animoca Brands will also leverage Mr Abosch’s established following to drive sales and bolster its profile
20 June 2019 -Animoca Brands Corporation Limited (ASX: AB1, “Animoca Brands” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that it has appointed internationally acclaimed artist Kevin Abosch as creative director.
Mr Abosch is a renowned conceptual artist based in New York City. Producing works in photography, sculpture, installation, and film, Mr Abosch is famous for a number of original headline-grabbing artworks, including “Potato #345,” a photo that was purchased in 2015 for €1 million.
Mr Abosch has worked to bridge art and technology by utilising digital tokens and blockchain.
In January 2018, Mr Abosch revealed ‘IAMACOIN’, an exhibition for which he created 10 million visual artworks in the form of crypto-tokens on the Ethereum blockchain called IAMA coins (symbol: IAMA), metaphorically tokenising himself.
In February 2018, Mr Abosch created a single ERC-20 token titled ‘Forever Rose’, which, although inspired by a photograph, lacks any visual presence. ‘Forever Rose’ sold to a group of art collectors for US$1 million.
Recently, Mr Abosch sold a work entitled ‘Yellow Lambo’ to former Skype COO Michael Jackson for US$400,000. The piece is composed of 42 inline alphanumerics in yellow neon, representing the blockchain address for a token called ‘YLAMBO’, which Mr Abosch also created.
Mr Abosch collaborated with world-famous Chinese artist Ai Weiwei to create two standard ERC-20 tokens called ‘PRICELESS’ (code: PRCLS). One token is forever unavailable to anyone and the second, available for trade, is divisible up to 18 decimal places and represents a series of moments shared between the two artists.
Mr Abosch’s works have been exhibited globally, including at the State Hermitage Museum (Saint Petersburg, Russia), The Irish Museum of Modern Art, the Kate Vass Galerie in Zürich (Switzerland), the National Gallery of Ireland, and the Bogota Museum of Modern Art (Colombia), among others.
As creative director at Animoca Brands, Mr Abosch will provide creative advice and direction to the Company for upcoming games including The Sandbox and F1® Delta Time. Animoca Brands will seek Mr Abosch’s guidance on the sales process associated with NFTs and other valuable digital assets. Animoca Brandswill also leverage his established profile and market recognition to bolster the Company’s profile.
Kevin Abosch said: “As an artist, I explore the nature of identity and value, so working with Animoca Brands on projects such as The Sandbox and F1 Delta Time is extremely exciting.”
Yat Siu, co-founder and chairman of Animoca Brands said: “The appointment of Kevin Abosch is another testament to the cutting-edge nature of the work we do at Animoca Brands. We are privileged and honoured to be able to attract the top talent across different fields.”
© 2019, GTechEEK Press Desk. All Rights Reserved