Building a WordPress Website can be a frustrating experience if you’re using WordPress for the first time. In this Guide/Tutorial we will provide beginners a very detailed step to set up your WordPress website.
Why you’ll love this awesome website tutorial:
- Beginner-Friendly: The guide is very detailed and easy to follow and without the need for technical knowledge.
- Fixed-Platform: Your website will be based on the WordPress Platform Which is packed with Fast, Friendly Support, Hundreds of Designs and much more!
- Up-to-Date: I update my guides every month and keep you updated with the latest trends.
- Free Support: I am always ready to help you.
The Simple Steps to Make Your Own Website with WordPress
- Choose Your Website Platform – We are using the WordPress platform for easy and fast setup.
- Choose The Website Name (Domain) and Hosting – We talk about How to choose the right domain name and hosting. We talk about free hosting and paid web hosting and What’s the difference between them.
- Install your newly created WordPress Website – I will guide you to Configure your newly created WordPress website. We will talk about how to set up your WordPress site to the hosting platform, how to design, how to increase your page speed etc.
- Selecting a WordPress Theme to change your site’s design – TBD
- Creating Pages – TBD
- Adding additional functionality via Plugins – TBD
- Additional Resources – TBD
Choosing Your Website Platform – Why WordPress?
A WordPress website is a no-brainer given how easy it makes creating a website. WordPress is one of the most widely used Content Management Software. The Software is used by the New York Times and even CNN to name a few.
How to choose the perfect domain name for your website.
Picking a Domain name is like picking a company name it requires a lot of thoughts. You need to ensure you pick the right domain for your business, blogs, etc.
Tips to choose right domain name:
#1 – Choose a unique and easy domain name:
Pick a domain name Which is easy to type and remember. If you use hard words with multiple spellings, it might be harder for users or customers to find your website.
Choose a unique domain name Which is not used before or similar to someone else domain name. Giving your site a name that is like other existing website is the initial step to disappointment. Likewise, don’t pick names that are plural or incorrectly spelled variants of existing websites.
#2 Make it easy to say and short:
If your Domain name is long and complex, you hazard clients mistyping or incorrect spelling it. Short and straightforward is the best approach to getting more customers.
We remember names more easily if they are easy to pronounceable. the less characters a name has, the less time require to type it, easier to say it, to share.
#3 Choose a “.COM” first:
Every web urls ends with a particular word followed by a domain extension. .com is a domain name that is easy to remember and easy to pronounce it.
.com represents the word “commercial,” and is the most widely used extension in the world. Most businesses prefer a .com domain name because it is a highly recognized symbol for having a business presence on the Internet.
List of other extensions:
- .com represents the word “commercial,” and is the most widely used extension in the world. Most businesses prefer a .com domain name because it is a highly recognized symbol for having a business presence on the Internet.
- .net represents the word “network,” and is most commonly used by Internet service providers, Web-hosting companies or other businesses that are directly involved in the infrastructure of the Internet.
- .org represents the word “organization,” and is primarily used by non-profits groups or trade associations.
- .biz is used for small business Web sites.
#4 Avoid numbers or hyphens:
Numbers and hyphens are often create confusion.People who hear your site name don’t know about you are using numbers or hyphens in your website’s address.Your domain name should be smooth and catchy.
#5 Try using keywords:
Domain names affect your rank in indexed lists. Web crawlers like Google attempt to figure out what your site is about so they can show it in important searches.
Keywords can help improve your SEO, try using different keywords that describe your purpose of website like business and brands or products.
#6 Check Availability on Social Media Networks:
Before you register your domain name, it’s always a good idea to check social networks for the same name.
To keep your site name constant and to build your business, you have to check if someone is already using your website name so try always research on the social media platform to avoid duplicates.
#7 Use Domain Generator tools:
You can get the help of domain generator tools available on the internet to get the various choices and different types of word combination for your domain name.
Checkout our Frequently updated list of Really Easy Domain Name Generators.
Choosing a web host company can be a confusing process because there are so many companies offering cheap or free hosting. What are some of the things you should look for when choosing a perfect web hosting to move your website?
Choosing The Best Web Hosting
Key Important Features:
- Amount of Storage: “How much data you need to store?”
- Bandwidth: the actual amount of data transferred through the website at one time.
- Free domain: Is your hosting service give you a free domain?
- The number of Domains and Subdomains: how many domains you can host on one hosting service.
- Secure site certification: provide security for your website by encrypting communications between the server and the person visiting the website.
- Emails and Features: Personal Mail Address with your Domain Name and more!
- Database Support: enable you to run data and database-intensive applications.
- Easy site builder: Some web host offers a one-click install for WordPress.
- Technical Support: what support they offer? like wiki, live chat, tutorials, etc.
- Google tools: Like Adwords.
There are two types of hosting services available:
1. Paid Hosting Service:
Advantages of a Paid Hosting Service:
- Freedom to Sell Ads
- Better Customer Service
- No Unwanted Ads
- More Disk Space
- Free Domain Name
- Secure Server
- High Bandwidth
- Other Features .
2.Free Hosting Service
Differences between Free and Paid Web Hosting:
- Advertisements on your website are controlled by the web hosting company.
- Low bandwidth
- greater downtime
- Customer support is missing
- Limited Disk Space
- And Some More!
How to choose a web hosting service?
- Check host uptime guarantees: Always check uptime guarantees from host service providers. Some free hosting providers cause speed problems, server down issues and more!
- What type of site will you create?: There are different types of site platforms available like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal come along with different technical requirements.
- technical requirements: You need to find out What type of technical requirements you need like coding languages, database management, etc.
- Can I able to set up more than one site?: The paid hosting providers offer you different plans of hosting services that include how many websites you can host on a single account, yes! You can host unlimited websites on a single account so be sure to check that amazing feature.
- How large is the storage capacity?: Free Hosting providers give you only limited storage on the server but paid hosting provider gives you unlimited storage because they give you your own server for your storage needs!
- e-Commerce Features: e-commerce features support Like SSL certification, dedicated IP, and one-click shopping cart software installation are some of the essential features/support you will need.
- Hosting Control Panel: A user-friendly and functional hosting control panel is very, very important.
- An Email with your domain name: Most hosting companies will come with the feature to host your own email (something like [email protected]) but it’s always better to check and be sure of it.
- 24/7 Support?: You might prefer email or telephone support from your hosting company.
Selecting a WordPress Theme
Creating a Page
Adding additional functionality via WordPress Plugins
Plugins allow you to add additional features such as adding eCommerce functionality (wooCommerce) or contact forms (WP Forms). Plugins are developed The following is a list of popular and very useful first install plugins depending on the pupose of your website and features needed:
- Jetpack by WordPress.com – Security, performance, and site management: the best way to WordPress is with Jetpack. This plugin adds a host of features.
- Yoast SEO – Need some help with your search engine optimization? Need an SEO plugin that helps you reach for the stars? Yoast SEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin since 2008.
- Contact Form 7 – Just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible.
- WooCommerce – WooCommerce is a flexible, open-source eCommerce solution built on WordPress. Sell anything, anywhere and make a cool eCommerce store.
- WP Super Cache – A very fast caching engine for WordPress that produces static HTML files.
- WordPress – This website host all the WordPress documentation, plugins, and themes along with a great support forum.
More Updates coming to this article so we can finally say “There you have it, Your dream Website.“
Did we forget or get a step completely wrong? Did we forget a step or missing some fundamental information? Leave your feedback below
© 2017 – 2019, Meet Prajapati. All Rights Reserved