Google’s Stadia Connect Press Conference begins at 12pm ET today. Stadia will use the press conference to reveal Stadia’s price, games, and launch date ahead of E3 2019.
Ahead of the Press Conference however Stadia news has leaked out early thanks to Canadian newspaper La Presse, which was pre-briefed. A rough translation of the article reveals that:
- There will be a base subscription available when Stadia launches in November, for $11.99 Canadian per month. This one will give you access to some Stadia games at 4K resolution/60FPS.
- Other games—newer ones, especially—you’ll have to buy.
- In 2020, Google will launch a “Stadia Base” model that’s totally free, but only allows you to play games at 1080p resolution.
- A pricey Stadia Founder’s Edition will be for sale this fall ($169 Canadian) that includes a Chromecast Ultra, a Stadia controller, a three-month subscription, and Destiny 2 (which, as Kotaku revealed yesterday, will be on the platform at launch).
- Doom, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, the new Tomb Raider trilogy, and The Division 2 are also part of the Stadia launch lineup.
- Minimum internet speed requirement is a 10mbps download/1mbps upload.
© 2019, Lance Cameron. All Rights Reserved