Warner Brothers Film, The Meg tops this Weekends comScore box office numbers with over $141.3M in worldwide box office estimates. The Worldwide Box Office Estimates chart also included films such as iApartment(2nd place with $80 Million), The Island (3rd place with 77.5 Million) and Mission: Impossible – Fallout with 58.8 Million
The Meg features a prehistoric creature known as the Megalodon which is more powerful than a shark with its multiple rows of teeth and its much larger body.
A massive creature attacks a deep-sea submersible, leaving it disabled and trapping the crew at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. With time running out, rescue diver Jonas Taylor must save the crew and the ocean itself from an unimaginable threat — a 75-foot-long prehistoric shark known as the Megalodon.
Here is the trailer:
comScore’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Warner Bros.’ ‘The Meg’ starring Jason Statham took a giant bite out of box office around the world with a stronger than expected $44.5 million North American debut and $96.8 million earned in 42 international territories for a very tasty global weekend debut of $141.3 million.”
The Worldwide Weekend Box Office Estimates chart
- Meg, The – Warner Bros. – $141.3M
- iPartment – Multiple Chinese Distributors – $80.0M
- Island, The (dir. Bo) – Multiple – $77.5M
- Mission: Impossible – Fallout – Paramount Pictures – $58.4M
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again – Universal – $27.3M
- Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation – Sony – $22.2M
- Incredibles 2 – Disney – $18.1M
- Disney’s Christopher Robin – Disney – $16.2M
- Along With The Gods: The Last 49 Days – Multiple – $16.1M
- Spy Gone North, The – CJ Entertainment – $15.0M
- Spy Who Dumped Me, The – Lionsgate – $11.5M
- Slender Man – Sony – $11.3M
Have your already view The Meg? what is your favourite film from the charts? Leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments section below.