Need a great Search Engine for Kids? GTecheek has compiled a list of the top 5 Search Engine for Kids on the World Wide Web such as Kiddle and Kidy.
Search Engines are the webs gateway to world wide web of information. Google has been the worlds top search engine in terms of usage and efficiency, the website receives a whopping 3.5 billion search per day.
Major search engines are tailored
The most used search engine, Google and other search engines do their best to filter search results.
A child-friendly search engine is your best option to ensure the security and protect of your child.
The following is a quick list of search engine for kids which will help your children whenever they need to use a search engine.
Before we go into the entries that actually made our list. These are entries we decided not to add individually to our top 5 but instead bundle into our
- Qwant Junior – A child-friendly version of Qwant, A European search engine with privacy in mind. Qwant Junior allows kids the same privacy-friendly search engine in a smooth UI along with free games.
- Swiggle – A UK Google Custom Search Powered Search Engine which offers a
- Kidtopia – Yet Another Search Portal for Kids with a search Engine powered by Google Custom Search. Its homepage provides links to its directory of Subjects such as Social Studies, Math and Games.
- Junior Safe Search – A search engine powered by Google custom search which offers an informative “Word of the Day”, “Quote of the Day” and “Today In History” Pages.
- GoGooligans – GoGooligans is another kid search engine that provides a number of important features including use Google index to retrieve results, apply different kinds of filtering features, excludes inappropriate sites and keywords, offers search in over 30 languages and many more.
- Safe Search Kids – Safe Search Kids uses Google Safe Search to provide search results. It also provides other features for safely searching for images, videos
- Fact Monster– ‘Fact Monster is a free reference site for students, teachers, and parents. Get homework help and find facts on thousands of subjects, including sports, entertainment, geography, history, biography, education, and health.’
- Cybersleuth Kids – ‘A comprehensive educational search engine, directory and homework helper for the K-12 student. Includes Subject specific videos, activities, printables, games and more’
- Dinosearch – A very childlike search engine interface for kids powered yet again by Google Custom Search.
- Teach the Children Well – ‘Teach the Children Well is a collection of links to sites carefully selected by a teacher for students as well as their parents and teachers. The site was designed for elementary grades but many of the sites will also be of interest to older students.’
- Dib Dab Doo and Dilly Too – Dib Dab Doo Dilly Too is a Google Custom search based search engine which offers a very child-friendly design.
- JRSurfer – an entirely free kid-friendly browser that simple to use and offers advanced web filtering and ad blocking features.
- Google Scholars – a search engine limited to scholarly works and can help your child find credible information and citable material.
- KidsClick! – This site is not an Internet filter — it doesn’t block inappropriate sites or prevent any user from typing in inappropriate search terms or URLs. KidsClick! focuses on a catalog of resources that provide age-appropriate information on a range of topics, so kids can browse by topic or use a search engine to access.
Kidrex is yet another search engine for kids, however, presenting Ads and not having an SSL certificate(HTTPS) as most of the entrants on this list.
I would hold out on using this site based on the aforementioned security issues and Ads if that is not something you want your child interfacing with.
KidzSearch uses Googles SafeSearch™ to provide safe, profanity-free and adult content free search results for kids.
It achieves this feat via a list of curse words, profanities, and sexually explicit words combine with a list of adult websites.
These combined are used to halt search’s if entries on this list are entered in the search box.
The platform also uses a unique algorithm which detects secret cloaking methods such as ‘leet.’ Example “1” is “i” and “5” can be utilized as an “s”.
The website isn’t just a search engine but a portal of information for kids, hosting Education News, Educational Games, A Message Board and an encyclopedia of over 20,000 articles.
Yet another Search Engine for Kids, Kid’s Search is not to be confused with the previous entry on this list.
Like the previous entrant, Kid’s search is not just an Ad-Free search engine but a web portal for educational resources.
Kid’s Search has a Kid-Friendly Peer reviewed directory of appropriate content, usefulness
The search engine is a great resource for kids from kindergarten through to Elementary school.
Powered by Google, Kiddle is a Children love
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that they would want this same need for Visuals to be met by a search engine.
Kiddle’s search results are highly curated by editors who select safe and relevant sites for kids.
The search platform has the customary keyword and site blocking which comes with most of the entrants on this list.
The search engine is unique in that it does it in a more intelligent manner using the Power of Artificial Intelligence.
The Search engine filters the world of spams, advertisements, business sites, stocks etc. Kidy opts out all non-interesting web pages for your kids.
You would be presented with an alert/warning such as “Please stay away from drugs. For your safety, we have removed all drug-related content in the search results” and educative results.
This has been another friendly top list from the GTecheek Tech Blog.
If you found our lit interesting the you will find Allconnect’s Downloadable and print friendly Student’s Internet Research Guide valuable. The guide is designed to help students explore the ins and outs of conducting effective research on the Web as well as how to responsibly navigate the internet.
We hope you found the content very helpful and feel free to follow us on social media for more Informative content such as this.
So what do you think of the entrants on our list? Did we forget to add one of your favourite search engine for kids?
Feel free to leave your thoughts and more in the comment section below.
© 2018 – 2019,